Saturday 15 February 2020

One page game: Agents of P.U.N.C.H.

A free one-page game about playing elite government agents who are completely out of their depth.

I've made no secret of my admiration for Tales of Mordhearse, an ultra-light D&D adaptation where the characters have only one stat: HP. The game makes that single stat do a lot of work. It's surprisingly deep and tactical, not to mention perfectly suited for dungeon exploration.

I was thinking about that design philosophy, a single stat game. And I was in a whimsical mood. I wondered "what if the single stat all the characters had in common was punching? And what if that stat was universally set to maximum?"

The result is Agents of P.U.N.C.H. It's not deep. It's not tactical. I'm not sure what kind of game it's suited for, other than (obviously) a very silly one. But it's free! Click here to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment